The PTO Litigation Center
About Sterne Kessler
The law practice at Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is dedicated to the protection, transfer and enforcement of intellectual property rights. More than half of Sterne Kessler’s IP professionals have an advanced technical degree, including 50 with PhD’s. It is this tremendous technical depth that sets Sterne Kessler apart from its competitors.
Founded in 1978 and based in Washington, DC, Sterne Kesslerrepresents both emerging and established, and publicly- and privately-held companies, venture capital firms, universities, and select individuals throughout the United States and across the globe. IP procurement, portfolio management, and IP litigation are major aspects of the practice at Sterne Kessler.
The Sterne Kessler patent office litigation team is the right choice for your patent office litigation needs with:
- 90+ inter partes review proceedings for both petitioners and patent owners
- 400+ reexaminations under our belt
- 50+ interference proceedings
- Technical skills to deconstruct patents for challenge or defense
- Strong understanding of the USPTO and PTAB
- Significant foreign opposition experience
- Interdisciplinary teams that merge technical, USPTO and District Court trial experience